Monday 27 August 2012

Coco & Karl

Coco Chanel was the first woman who understood the true potential of the Little Black Dress. 

She once said that: “Women think of all colours except the absence of colour. I have said that black has it all.” She would often be seen in her elegant uniform of a perfectly fitted LBD and a string of pearls. And fashion has never looked back. The LBD is now a wardrobe staple for every fashion conscious woman. 

Her legacy has been continued by the controversial genius, Karl Lagerfeld. Whilst his collections often celebrate the LBD itself, the Little Black Jacket has also become synonymous with Chanel. Coco herself promoted the benefits of a fitted box jacket, however Lagerfeld has truly cemented the brand's love affair  with the LBJ. And like his predecessor, Karl takes his uniform of the LBJ very seriously; in fact I can't think of a single picture in which he is not wearing one himself. 

The LBJ has become such a large part of Lagerfeld's legacy that he is releasing a book this Autumn entitled: The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited, in which 109 celebrities model Lagerfeld's chic LBJ. 



Furthermore, if you live in the UK, you still have the opportunity to see the exhibition of the photographs as it is arriving in London between 12th-28th of October. I'll definitely be taking a visit!

http://thelittleblackjacket.chanel.com

If only I could afford the jacket itself...

Love Lucy x

12 comments:

  1. Hi, your blog is amazing, you now have a new follower :P
    Heres my blog www.rooftopfashion.blogspot.com Please follow if you like what you see.

    Also if you have a Facebook please like my page www.facebook.com/rooftopfashion

    Megan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, thank you so much for your encouragement :) I've checked out your blog and it looks great too, but I can't find the follow button (I need some tech lessons!) I have fb so will follow you on there too.

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing exhibit! I wish I could be in London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post...I love Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld.*_*
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys :) Of course I'd love to follow you!

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy! I had no idea you were in London! Me too!
    Following you now on GFC and Bloglovin, thanks for the support!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) It is very much appreciated! I know, I didn't expect London bloggers to be so few and far between! Will you be going to London's FNO?

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow love Coco Chanel,, and great u can visit the exhibition!!

    www.styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the post. I'm an all black girl, I cant help my self when it comes to buyin something in black.
    Thanks for the info about seeing the photographs :D shall defiantly be buying a train ticket to london in advance for one of the dates :D

    Keep blogging

    Bisou!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cynthia, I'm so glad I've enticed you to come and see the exhibition! I am far too excited for it to arrive myself! Thank you for your lovely comment :)

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing surpasses black!!

    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    --Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true Lauren. I love black - a bit too much I think! I've followed your blog :)

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete