Saturday 1 September 2012

Liebster Award

So, a couple of days ago I was extremely surprised and honoured to receive a Liebster Award from a beautiful fellow blogger called Aurea (http://emptyrack.blogspot.co.uk/). This gives me the opportunity to let you know a bit more about myself, answer Aurea's questions, nominate 11 other new bloggers for the award, and ask them 11 questions myself.

11 things about me
  1. I have a lot of love for my family, friends and boyfriend. I am very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!
  2. I love sports, particularly yoga, running, skiing & netball (for those of you in the US, netball is like a version of basketball, but you can't bounce or run with the ball!)
  3. I love cocktails, especially caipirinhas and martinis! 
  4. I have an obsession with Vogue magazine. I've collected the British Vogue since 2004, and whenever I go abroad I always bring back a Vogue from the country I've been to. 
  5. I have lived in the French Alps for 5 months, and Cancun for 3. 
  6. I really want to become fluent in French, but I always seem to forget what I've learnt! 
  7. I work as a Sales Executive for the biggest events company in London, so if you're ever in London and need a good night out you know who to call! 
  8. But my ideal career is as an editor for Vogue!
  9. I am a Christian and am blessed with an amazing church. Love wins!
  10. I love love LOVE French Sole shoes!
  11. I am thoroughly enjoying my blogging experience so far, and am so appreciative for all of my lovely followers! Thank you so much!
11 answers
  1. Mulberry Alexa Satchel or Proenza Schouler Satchels? - Most definitely Mulberry Alexa Satchel (in Oak). I am a massive supporter of British fashion, particularly when it is actually made in Britain. I absolutely adore everything and anything Mulberry! Their new Del Ray bags are gorgeous too! If anyone wants to buy me a Mulberry then it would be rude to say no ;)
  2. Who is your favourite designer?- It has to be Christopher Bailey at Burberry. I just love the modern twist he is able to bring to every British classic, and the Burberry brand is synonymous with British fashion all over the world. 
  3. What shade of nail polish are you wearing right now? - Clear. I like to keep my nails fresh. My nail beauty routine is Burt's Bees cuticle cream, Diamond Strength Nail Hardener, and a clear top coat. I only really wear colourful nail varnish for special occasions. 
  4. What was the last movie you’ve watched? - Notting Hill. It is such a classic. Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts are simply perfect in this movie. 
  5. What is your favourite shop? - Topshop. Although Topshop has become extremely common in Britain, I still do most of my shopping there. (Zara comes in a close second!) It is just so handy for snapping up new trends and good quality garments at reasonable prices.
  6. Häagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry? - Ben & Jerry! Especially cookie dough and phish food!
  7. What is your favourite perfume? - Chanel Mademoiselle. It is simply divine! And as the wonderful lady herself once said: "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future". 
  8. Do you own some pieces of clothing that you wear regardless of the actual season? - My waxy black Zara jeans with zips up the ankles. They're so useful and I love them!
  9. What is your favourite TV show? - The Big Bang Theory! I love clever humour & all of the characters - my favourite has to be Shelden. 
  10. Who is your favourite model? - I have lots of favourite models: - Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Natalia Vodianova, Miranda Kerr, and Karlie Kloss - to name a few! I have so much respect for them all as I have no idea how they look so perfect all of the time. 
  11. Why did you choose such a name for your blog? - Because it's about all things I love! Lucy Loves...
11 questions for tagged people
  1. What is your favourite trend at the moment?
  2. New trends or classic pieces?
  3. Designer or high street?
  4. If you could go to any catwalk show at any Fashion Week which would it be and why?
  5. Who is your biggest fashion inspiration and why? 
  6. Flats, boots, or heels?
  7. Blackberry or Iphone? 
  8. What is your top photography tip?
  9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
  10. Winter or summer fashion?
  11. What is your most coveted piece of clothing / accessory? 
11 nominated blogs

8 comments:

  1. You're welcome Daniela :) Keep up the good work!

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! Thank you so much for the nomination! I truly feel honored that you picked me to be one of your 11!
    And congratulations on your nomination too :)

    http://dejafashion.blogspot.com
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination. I feel so honored!
    Btw, your blog is amazing, congrats on your nomination
    and I look forward to seeing more of your post.

    xoxo
    D.Mars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the wonderful nomination. I feel very honored to be nominated by a fellow blogger as amazing as you. all I ever do is read your blog all day so this means a lot.

    XXX
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the prize! ^^ What do you think if we followed eachother? Big Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are more than welcome everyone :) We all need to support each other so this award is a great idea!

    Rita, I am now following you; what a gorgeous blog!

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete