Wednesday 16 January 2013

My Winter Beauty Secrets

The temperature in London right now is -1°c. It's cold, and it's only meant to get colder! This sort of weather is tough on your skin, hair and nails, so in the winter we need to spend that little extra time taking care of ourselves. You feel as though it's not worth it as you're constantly wrapping yourself up in coats, hats and gloves, but the more you look after yourself in the winter, the easier your routine will be to get ready for summer. Plus, if you know your skin feels nice under all those winter layers, you'll feel better in yourself on the outside. 

So here are my top 11 winter beauty secrets - all tried and tested over the years, and all ones which I totally rely on during these long winter months!


L'OCCITANE
shea butter mango flower hand cream 
£8

BURT'S BEES
lemon butter cuticle creme
£5.99

CLINIQUE
deep comfort body butter
£23

BURT'S BEES
tinted lip balm
£5.99

SOAP & GLORY
flake away
£7

AUSSIE
take the heat 3-minute miracle
£4.95


BURT'S BEES
peppermint foot lotion
£12.99



SALLY HANSEN
hard as nails with nylon
£4.75


CLINIQUE
all about eyes
£24

NEUTROGENA
grapefruit facial scrub
£4.95


BIO OIL
60ml
£8.99

Each of these products really are fantastic for fighting those winter beauty demons. I use the L'occitane hand cream every day (it's on my desk at work!) and it's really great for keeping my hands soft, whilst smelling delicious! A new edition to my beauty regime is the Clinique body butter, and I absolutely adore it! After exfoliating with the Soap & Glory Flake Away exfoliator I love to treat myself with the Clinique body butter - it's not too thick, not too thin, and feels amazing on my winter battered skin! The grapefruit facial scrub has been part of my skincare routine for at least a year now, and is perfect for brightening dull winter skin as well as maintaining a healthy glow in the summer. To look after my nails I make sure that all nail varnish is properly removed, and then I apply the Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle creme, which I let settle before applying a generous coating of the Sally Hansen strengthener. And Bio Oil should be a staple in any women's beauty regime - it's perfect for banishing unwanted scars and evening skin tone. 

So I hope that you manage to try some of these products, I really do recommend them all. My winter beauty regime has been tried and tested for a number of years now, and these are the products that have become my staples and life savers!

What are your top tips for staying soft and glowing over the winter months?

Love Lucy x

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review. I love L'Occitane...their products are just awesome.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear! :) Such a nice blog you have. I am your new follower now, hope you follow back.. (?)

    Keep in touch :*

    Your Elizabeth http://elizabethlore.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete