Sunday 17 February 2013

Issa London AW13 show at LFW

Last night was, without a doubt, my favourite fashion experience yet. Courtesy of Vodafone VIP I won tickets to see the Issa London AW13 collection at LFW, and I simply couldn't believe my luck! Daniella Helayel is one of my favourite designers - her understanding of how a woman wants to dress is remarkably en pointe. She designs flirty and fun pieces that wonderfully flatter most female figures, and this is what sets her apart from most other designers. Her collections look fabulous flowing down the runway, but are equally like commercial gold.


Me at Somerset House post-show

I attended the show yesterday with my beautiful Aunty, and we had a great time celeb spotting in the run up to the show. The Issa London front row was graced by Zandra Rhodes, Jodie Kidd, Molly and Rochelle from the Saturdays, Laura Whitmore, and Rosie and Proudlock from Made In Chelsea. The pre-show vibe was contagious: you could feel that this was a show the fashion elite were very much looking forward to. 


Cara Delevingne opened the show. From the moment she stepped onto the catwalk she sent out seismic waves of vibrant energy that were warmly absorbed by the excitable audience. Seeing her walk in the flesh really did give me goosebumps. She has It. Whatever It may be! She embodied Issa's woman of AW13, who Daniella describes as "cooler, she wants to explore". 

The collection was designed around the concept of a free-spirited woman exploring the Navajo terrain. Inspired by the gorgeous Navajo landscapes of rolling sandy hills and infinite azure skies, Issa's collection delivered a rich array of gorgeous prints, perfect for that curious and confident explorer. Each piece floated down the catwalk, often with the loose silk fabric flowing behind the willowy models, echoing the winds of the Navajo. Some of the pieces were stunningly topped off with feathered hats by Piers Atkinson, and although some the of models struggled to keep them on, they were the perfect compliment to Issa's collection. Enough writing! Here are some of my favourite designs from the show:







The show was truly inspiring. I love the concept of the explorer woman in the Navajo, and the distinctly Seventies feel to the pieces will surely be popular come the Autumn time. Daniella was clearly more adventurous this season, and her gamble certainly paid off. The inclusion of Cara just made the show that bit more special - she really knew how to wear Daniella's designs as she floated along the runway - in the finale she looked like she was about to take off in her cape!


Post-show was nearly just as much fun! My Aunty and I had a couple of friends in the crowd, so we stayed behind chatting for a while, and when we finally left we bumped into Zandra Rhodes on our way out! 


Zandra Rhodes and my beautiful Aunty 

We also tried to get a few outfit snaps, but just like at the Mary Katrantzou showcase, that didn't really go to plan! But I wore a Zara coat, a black Topshop dress, black French Sole ballet flats, and Collection 2000 lipstick in Shock Pink. See the top photo of this post to see the best snap we got.

If you weren't an Issa London fan before, then I hope you are now! It's a brand that will go from strength to strength (it's got to - Kate Middleton is a fan). So do keep your eye on what they're up to in the future - I know I certainly will! 



Here's to two more days of LFW - I don't want it to end!

Love Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment