Monday 14 July 2014

The perfect summer dress

Summer is jam-packed with one event after another and it can be tricky to know what to wear to each different occasion. There's weddings, BBQs, festivals, picnics, and garden parties galore - but how do you keep up with needing a different outfit for each event? Could there possibly be just ONE dress that could negotiate the minefield of summer events dressing? Well it's time to explore the Beautifully in The Beautifully Healthy Project as I think I may have found THE dress.

A few weeks ago I was given a Topshop voucher for my birthday (how I love birthday Topshop vouchers!), so I simply had to go in to have a look and see what delights they had in store. And then I came across this little number:

Topshop
Island Animal Print Maxi Dress
£50

Well actually it was my Mum who spotted it first, and I was convinced that the spaghetti straps wouldn't work on me (let's just say that it would be impossible for me to go braless!) - nevertheless Mum was adamant that it would look good on so I took it to the changing rooms and slipped it on. I knew immediately that I had to buy it - it felt gorgeous on and actually you could hardly see any bra strap (nothing that a bit of long hair can't hide!).

It's the perfect dress to dress-up or dress-down; I've already worn it for a BBQ in the park followed by a night out in London, and next weekend I'll wear it to a friend's wedding. I paired it with chunky black heels and a denim jacket for the BBQ, and to smarten it up for the wedding I think I'll wear some strappy heels with a smarter black jacket. I then probably won't wear it again until next summer as although it is gorgeous I don't want everyone to think that I only own one dress! However it'll be comforting to know that if a posh picnic does pop up I'll have just the dress to wear.

Summer is all about having fun and enjoying yourself, and if you have the perfect dress to wear whilst out and about then you'll feel all the more confident and Beautifully Healthy. This particularly dress may not suit everyone, but really my point is to find at least one summer outfit that makes you feel as fabulous as you deserve to.

Do you have a go-to outfit that makes you feel fab on any summer occasion?

Love Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment